Camping L'Univers, Lit-et-MixeCamping L'Univers is located in a green park near the centre of the charming village of Lit-et-Mixe, which has a pleasant market place (that is also nice in the evening). Take your bike (or hire one) and pedal along the five kilometre cycle path through the forest that leads to a long sandy beach.
Why camping L'Univers?
- The Cap-de-Homy beach is the place to be for sun worshippers, sandcastle builders, toddlers and windsurfers. You can also rent a catamaran from the sailing school for a great experience.
- If you prefer a more peaceful spot, there's always a deck chair with a parasol at the campsite's pleasant swimming pool.
- There's a wide choice of sports on offer from the aqua-gym and fitness to mini golf and tennis.
- There's a bar, a shop and a good restaurant at the campsite.
The surrounding area of camping L'Univers, Lit-et-MixeLes Landes is much more than just a beach and surfing. The Lit-et-Mixe forest stretches along the coastline in an oasis of peace and quiet that is full of cycle and walking paths. Next to the village you'll find the Courant de Contis - a pretty creek that runs into the sea near Contis Plage. This is where you'll find an unusual painted lighthouse.
Some tips for your holiday at camping L'Univers in Lit-et-Mixe:
- You can rent a canoe close to the the campsite and paddle downstream.
- Another pleasant idea for a family day out is a picnic at the Yons well.
- If you like pretty villages Mimizan Plage is a good choice, or perhaps Labouheyre or the larger city of Mont-de-Marsan.
- For lovers of good food try the Chalosse beef rib steak with forest mushrooms.