Camping La Puerta del Sol, St-Hilaire-de-RiezAlthough camping La Puerta del Sol sounds very Spanish, you will be staying on the French Vendée coast. It has a lovely climate (during the summer almost as many hours of sun as the Côte d'Azur), but it's a lot closer. The bustling beaches are within easy driving distance and there's plenty to do for everyone.
Why camping La Puerta del Sol?
- There's a spacious, heated swimming pool with children's pool where water polo is played and aqua gym is taught.
- Evening entertainment is plentiful (karaoke, concerts and a disco), but all at a reasonable distance from the accommodation.
- The children's club is available for children 3 years of age and upwards. For the older children there are all kind of organised sports tournaments such as table tennis, football, volleyball and jeu de boules.
The surrounding area of camping La Puerta del Sol, St-Hilaire-de-RiezIn general the Vendée is mainly flat, which makes it ideal for bike rides with the whole family. Just behind the beaches the region is made up of woods that are perfect for some enjoyable rides. The marsh area behind this has all sorts of exciting brooks and lakes.
Some tips for your holiday at camping La Puerta del Sol in St-Hilaire-de-Riez:
- Why not try the vélo-rail route: a stretch of about 10 kilometres on a kind of railway bike (max. 5 people) along a closed railway line, starting at the old station of Saint-Maixent-sur-Vie.
- The mill of Châteauneuf in the vicinity of Challand makes a great day out.