Camping Delftse Hout, DelftCamping Delfts Hout is set in the heart of the countryside, beside a recreational lake with small beach. The city centre of Delft is a fifteen minute walk away. The emplacements are grassy and separated by tidy hedges.
Why camping Delfse Hout?
- You can swim, fish, row or surf at the recreational lake.
- The campsite has a heated outdoor swimming pool, a safe shallow pool, and a lovely children's farm and water play garden in the adjoining nature area.
- There's a restaurant, snack bar and supermarket where you can buy freshly baked bread in the mornings.
The surrounding area of camping Delftse Hout, DelftDelft is the birthplace of the famous painter Vermeer, the Delft famous blue pottery, and the Princes of Orange. The compact, ancient historic centre is a maze of narrow charming streets complete with well preserved old trade houses.
Some tips for your holiday at camping Delftse Hout in Delft:
- The market place of Delft is considered one of the most beautiful squares in Holland with its 17th century houses, the beautiful city hall that was built in 1620, the 13th century tower and the large church with the sculptured tomb of the family founder, Prince William of Orange.
- Delft is also a city of quaint small shops, romantic canals and lovely terraces.
- Explore the nature park and city by bike. You can rent them at the campsite. You can also take the bus that stops close to the campsite.
- Treat the children to pancakes or 'poffertjes' (tiny pancakes).