Camping Scheldeoord, BaarlandCamping Scheldeoord is situated on both sides of the road that leads to the beach at Westerschelde. The campsite features bronze statues of children having fun that have been made by popular artist.
Why camping Scheldeoord?
- This is a five star campsite with all the facilities you could want and lots of fun for the children.
- Enjoy a meal in the campsite's à la carte restaurant.
- There are eight playgrounds for children and naturally the swimming pools are always popular.
- There's a varied entertainment programme for all ages with lots of sports, games and theatre.
The surrounding area of camping Scheldeoord, BaarlandThe surrounding area of Baarland is called the 'the bag of South-Beveland' which is the southern part of this wide Zeeuws peninsula. The region is perfect for walkers and cyclists. Nature lovers will enjoy the many different types of flowers to be seen along the dykes, interspersed with hawthorn hedges. There are many historic villages to visit including Oudelande, Ellewoutsdijk and Hoedekenskerke. The steam train station of Goes-Borsele can be found in Hoedekenskerke.
Some tips for your holiday at camping Scheldeoord in Baarland:
- Fisherman will love the Westerschelde but there's something for everyone here. You can watch the birds and the seals on the sandbanks off the coast. You can also watch the large sea ships sail by on their way to Antwerp.
- Drive through the Westerschelde tunnel and visit Zeeuws-Vlaanderen, a part of Holland with a very Flemish atmosphere, a good example being the pleasant city of Terneuzen.