Camping Hampen Sø, HampenThis is a fairly smally campsite situated 800m from Lake Hampen. Camping Hampen Sø is tidy and well maintained with good sanitary facilities.
Why camping Hampen Sø?
- The lake is a lovely place for swimming, a great place for children to play with their dinghy's. There's also a sports ground at the lake and a picnic area.
- There's a playground, swimming pool, model car track and large children's bouncey coushions, which are very popular at Danish campsites. There's also an indoor games room, supermarket and a good restaurant.
- Legoland is only 35km south from the campsite.
The surrounding area of camping Hampen Sø, HampenYears ago the wooded Mid Jylland area used to have wide open moorlands. Shepherds stopped rearing sheep and so the moorland changed and became more of a foreste area. The old moorland lakes of this region are now set in forests. One of the highest lakes is Lake Hampen or, as they say in Denmark, Hampen Sø. However, there are still some parts of the moorland that display their purple bloom to the full in late summer.
Some tips for your holiday at camping Hampen Sø in Hampen:
- Enjoy the long walking paths. One interesting route to follows the old rail road between Funder and Ejstrupholm, close to the campsite.
- There's another old rail road that is still in service. the ancient train will take you through beautiful countryside to Vrads.
- Visit the old Viking tomb in the hills near Hampen.